Thursday, June 25, 2015

Morwell Comes Alive: Winter Night Festival

As you can imagine I've seen quite a lot of movies over the years; a number of them revolving around winter festivities. One that springs to mind is "Groundhog Day", in which a weatherman finds himself living the same day over and over again while a small town which is caught up in their unique and annual winter celebrations. The cinematic portrayal of these seasonal events have often left me feeling a little envious, as while the winters in the Latrobe Valley are very cold, they lack that gorgeous white splendour of snow fall. However the Winter Night Festival in Morwell last week on Friday and Saturday was thankfully a much welcome sight of community spirit. The celebrations of art and cultural diversity were evident all throughout the town's centre. While I was only able to attend for a short amount of time, I was very impress with what was on offer. From an array of live performances to the rows of market stalls in Tarwin Street, the aromas and atmosphere was spectacular. Congratulations to all those involved on a magnificence effort in putting together two very memorable nights of festivities!

You can follow me on Twitter @cinematic_rand
or
'like' my Facebook page cinematic randomness where you can see all my cinematic exploits.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these reviews regarding Winter Night Festival. I have heard a lot about Winter Night space Miami events and it is my desire to attend these events. Can you share some photographs from these winter night Miami fest?

    ReplyDelete